ATLANTA MEDIATION LAWYER
DEDICATED TO HELPING YOU REACH A FAIR & Successful RESOLUTION
- 2 Party Case: $150.00 Per Party Per Hour
- Multi-Party Cases: $300.00 Per Hour Split Amongst All Parties
- Administrative Fee
- $100.00 Per Party Per Day
- MINIMUM TIME:
- Mediations occurring at Buckley Beal carry a 2-hour minimum. Mediations out of the office carry a 3-hour minimum.
- TRAVEL TIME:
- Mediations occurring at a location more than 100 miles from downtown Atlanta will incur the following additional expenses: travel time (billed at a total of $150 per hour) plus reasonable travel, lodging, and meal expenses.
- CANCELLATION/RESCHEDULE POLICY:
- Cancellations within 48 hours of a mediation’s scheduled start time will incur a 2-hour charge.
- Rescheduling within 48 hours of a mediation’s scheduled start time will incur a 1-hour charge.
- Please note that our contract for services is also with the attorneys and their law firms. Payment is due regardless of whether the attorney or law firm is able to collect from their client.
At Buckley Beal, our mediation practice is led by Partner, Nicholas ‘Nick’ Smith, who is committed to helping those involved in a dispute find a resolution. He works diligently to identify the best possible avenues toward a resolution and makes every effort to guide parties towards settlement.
As a litigator, Nick has represented Plaintiffs and Defendants in a wide variety of matters. He worked for one of Atlanta’s largest insurance defense firms before starting his own firm and later joining Buckley Beal. Shortly after law school he was a Staff Attorney for the U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit.
Nick is a registered neutral with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution. In addition to privately scheduled mediations, Nick mediates with the Dekalb County Dispute Resolution Center and the Sixth Judicial District.
"Thank you for traveling to Peachtree City to mediate our case. You helped to make a very stressful time much easier. You are a fair and calming force in the storm of mediation. Continue the great work..."
- Former Client
Nick specializes in mediating the following:
- Business Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Premises and Products Liability
- In the News
“She’s being marginalized, cut out of the loop,” Ed Buckley told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, on behalf of his client, the Lawrenceville police captain who says she is being retaliated against by ...Read More
- Employment Law
Sexual harassment occurs when unwelcome sexual conduct in the workplace is either severe or pervasive. That is, you have either experienced an over-the-top direct unwelcome sexual overture, perhaps ...Read More
- Firm News
Is it really legal for employers to require their employees get the Covid-19 vaccine? This is a question I am getting asked a lot. In fact I recently was interviewed by WABE 's Rose Scott on her local ...Read More