Atlanta Contract Dispute Lawyer
Understanding Contract Disputes
As a business owner or partner, you know the important role that contracts play in determining how well your business runs. If a contract is breached, or if there is any dispute over the terms of the contract, the business could suffer until the matter is resolved. Buckley Beal can provide an Atlanta business contract attorney to assess your situation and provide the counsel you need in the midst of a contract dispute. We work with you to prove exactly what the contract outlines and we help you enforce those terms and/or recover damages.
Our legal team has the knowledge and experience necessary to resolve a variety of disputes, including:
- Reviewing and explaining contracts so that everyone fully understands what is required of them
- Intentional breach of contract that must be remedied
- Determining the recovery of damages or enforcing action under the contract
- Fraudulent business practices
We are skilled in all of these areas and can help you get the best possible results for your case. Whether you just need further clarification or need help deciding how to proceed, our business litigation lawyers can provide the legal assistance you need. Our team can help you resolve your contract disputes.
Need help resolving a contract dispute? Put your trust in your our firm. Call (404) 781-1100 to learn how we can help today!
FAQ About Contract Disputes
Contract disputes can pose a major roadblock to business and companies for many reasons. They can arise due to a suspected breach of contract or when one party has forgotten or does not understand their responsibilities as outlined in the contract itself. No matter what is causing the dispute, it must be addressed and understood readily.
To better familiarize our clients with the potential obstacles ahead, we have compiled the following helpful frequently asked questions:
- When should I hire an attorney for my contract dispute? -You should see a contract dispute as a small fire in the fields of your business and a business litigation attorney as the fire department. The sooner you can get professionals to help control it, the less damage it is likely to cause in the long run. Once a contract dispute arises, you should not hesitate to let us know.
- Should I collect certain information or documents when I’m in a contract dispute? - The contract in dispute itself should theoretically have all the information you need to know about what is being contested, and a professional contract review with our Atlanta business litigation lawyers should be helpful. However, understand that a contract can be more than what is on paper and also include everything that led up to the contract’s creation. Try to get copies of emails, texts, conference logs, and more that could be linked to the contract and why it is now being disputes. The more you can provide us, the better we will be able to pinpoint the problem and address it.
- Should I talk to the other party’s attorney by myself? - Although your contract dispute is unlikely to involve any sort of criminal violation, you should consider only speaking to the opposition with your own attorney present. Whenever the stability or reputation of your company is in the balance, it is wise to proceed with caution whenever possible. With us by your side, you can eliminate the chances of saying the wrong thing to the wrong person at the wrong time.
- Will a contract dispute always lead to litigation and damages? - Not necessarily. As mentioned before, some contract disputes are misunderstandings of the agreement as it was written, and the challenging party simply wants to know what to expect of the contract and the other party. In such cases, it may be possible to avoid getting into in-depth legal complications if that is to everyone’s benefit. Of course, if damages and courtroom proceedings are required, our Atlanta business attorneys are prepared for that scenario as well.
Decades of Combined Experience
Contract disputes and breaches of contract can be devastating to the success of your company. Make sure to speak with our firm as soon as possible to get the counsel and representation that you need. We are skilled trial lawyers with more than 85 years of combined legal experience. Inside and outside of court, we are here to protect your business interests.
- Business Litigation
Your business plan is in place and you’re ready to make it official. Now what? While it may be tempting to use an online service that quickly allows you to “incorporate,” we caution against this. The ...Read More
- Business Litigation
While many people think of business-related lawsuits as mostly being squabbles between massive corporations, small business owners are equally susceptible to legal action. In fact, according to ...Read More
- Business Litigation
Many people liken running a business to raising a child, especially if it is your own startup company you built from scratch. But whereas children will eventually grow up and leave the nest, the ...Read More